As WASDA is a volunteer-run organization, committees are key to advancing initiatives that support our members and industry-at-large. Each committee is supported by a member of our professional association management team providing busy volunteers the resources they need to be successful. Below is a list of committees and their members. To get involved, please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms begin at the conclusion of each Annual Meeting.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER COMMITTEE
The Associate Member Committee’s mission is to provide information to WASDA from the Associate Member’s perspective. The Committee also advises WASDA on networking between the Associate and Distributor Members.
- Chair - Bernie Pipan, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Bennett Thurgood, Ford Meter Box Company
- Jerry Jansen, Tyler Union
- Greg Davis, M&H Valve
- Mike Moore, Copperhead Industries
The Audit Committee’s mission is to oversee the overall financial health of WASDA. **Nominated/Elected by Board**
- Bill Driskill, HD Supply Waterworks
The Education Committee’s mission is to highlight and enhance the ability of all members to have access and knowledge of training tools.
- Co-Chairs - David Shaw, ACT Pipe & Supply, Inc. and Eddie Morrison, III , The C.I. Thornburg Company
FUTURE LEADER’S COUNCIL
The Future Leaders Council (FLC) was established to provide industry-specific education and networking opportunities to emerging company leaders through interaction with WASDA industry leaders, tailored educational sessions and exclusive networking events.
- Chair - Theresa Jaime, Michigan Pipe Valve – Saginaw
INDUSTRY RELATIONS COMMITTEE
The Industry Relations Committee’s mission is to monitor and communicate to the Membership current legislation and funding information that has a potential impact on the water and sewer industry.
- Chair - Tom Fieweger, Ferguson Enterprises
INDUSTRY MARKETING COMMITTEE
The Industry Marketing Committee’s mission is to create a strong image for the industry that will enhance WASDA’s marketing position. The goal is to stimulate interest in Distributors, customers and Manufacturers. The Marketing Committee will also oversee the WASDA website.
- Chair - Nate Peirce, H.R. Prescott & Sons, Inc.
The Leadership Committee’s mission is clearly defined in WASDA’s Bylaws. In summary, no less than sixty (60) days before the Annual Meeting, the Leadership Committee shall present to the Membership a slate of nominees for Directors. **Nominated by Board/Elected by Membership**
- Chair - Kevin Murphy, Blair Supply Corporation
- Co-Chair - Ed Nugent, Utility Supply Company
The Membership Committee’s mission is to encourage eligible companies to join WASDA and to implement an Ambassador Program to help new members feel engaged in WASDA. They will also oversee membership retention efforts. The Committee makes suggestions, observations and recommendations about Membership activities to the Board of Directors. It maintains contact with eligible prospective members through correspondence and personal solicitation.
- Chair - Louis Schoolcraft, TI Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Chair - Bernie Pipan, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Program Development Committee’s mission is to develop programs that provide educational and informational opportunities to the membership through use of speakers, forums, sight selection and scheduling of Meetings.
- Chair - Kevin King, Coburn Supply