The Information WASDA Collects
We gather the following types of information to maintain our membership records and process your transactions and fulfill your requests.
- Contact information you provide (e.g., your personal and/or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and titles).
- Information you provide via applications, registration forms, profiles, surveys etc.
How WASDA Uses Collected Information
We use this information to:
- Maintain and publish our membership directory.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Notify you of industry information
- Publish attendee registration lists for WASDA-sponsored events including the Annual Meeting and Fall Meeting & Partnership Forum
- Provide key contact information to approved third-party companies who have entered into a member benefits program agreement with WASDA.
WASDA does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses to third parties, except to WASDA approved partners.
Your Right To Control Information
Members – On the WASDA Web site, which requires you to use your login and password, you may edit your contact and mailing information directly.
E-mail opt-out – You may opt not to receive certain e-mail from WASDA or third-party vendors through WASDA. Please contact WASDA at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your choice to opt-out. Please understand that once you have unsubscribed you will no longer receive said e-mail communications from WASDA, which may include important member information, WASDA promotions, newsletters, etc.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties. We do not request nor do we use social security numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public.
All membership and advertising fees are nonrefundable. For events there is a $50.00 cancellation fee; see the registration form for additional details.
Bank Fee Policy
All wire transfer fees and/or bounced check fees are responsible to the payee.
Social Media Policy
– WASDA encourages its members and the public to engage in the use of social media in order to advance WASDA’s mission of increasing awareness about the roles that its distributor and associate members play in the distribution of water and wastewater products and services.
– WASDA prohibits the use of its sponsored social media or any means of electronic communication, to engage in or to further:
- any acts that constitute infringement of patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of third parties;
- the posting, emailing, advertisement, or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorized materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” solicitations, or misleading information;
- the intentional or unintentional publication, republication, or dissemination of any libelous, defamatory, false, derogatory, or inflammatory statement;
- any pornographic or obscene information;
- the use, downloading, or other transmission of computer viruses, computer tracking software, or any means of invading a person’s privacy or engaging in identity theft;
- the impersonation of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, as a WASDA board member, officer, employee, agent, member, or member’s customer, or as a government official;
- the making of any misrepresentation or any factually inaccurate statements about any person’s affiliation with any person or entity;
- any unlawful purpose under applicable federal and state laws.
– WASDA reserves the right to object to any use of or, without consultation, terminate access to any electronic communication or transmission that is sent or delivered through any medium, including any form of social media, where it discovers the communication or transmission is unlawful, prohibited under this policy, or inconsistent with WASDA’s mission and goals in any way. WASDA further reserves the right to pursue civil and criminal penalties as appropriate.
– WASDA engages in reasonable efforts to monitor social media usage for adherence to this policy but, regardless, is not liable for any communication that is inconsistent with or in violation of this policy, and any person engaging in communication through any form of WASDA-sponsored social or electronic media accepts this limitation on liability as an express condition to use of such media.
– The opinions and other statements posted here are not the opinions of or endorsed by WASDA or its board of directors, officers, staff, or members.
– You may contact email@example.com if there is any posting on this site to which you object. WASDA reserves the right to act on such complaints based on the information then available to it.