Imagine a Day Without Water – Thursday Oct 12
What is Imagine A Day Without Water?
Every year, hundreds of organizations, companies, and municipalities across the country work together to get water infrastructure issues covered in the media and social media in both national and local markets. The goal is to engage policymakers at all levels of government.
Social media posts using #ValueWater were seen by over 12 million people which led to mayors and governors issuing proclamations and resolutions to take steps to improve water infrastructure.
Ways to Participate:
1) Engage on social media using #ValueWater. Download facts and images to share on social media by clicking here.
2) Write a blog about your community’s water infrastructure issues to be featured on the WASDA Blog. You can also submit it to your local paper. For tips, click here.
3) Ask your city officials, state legislator, governor, US representative, or senator to write a proclamation or resolution for Imagine a Day Without Water. This is quick and effective way to participate. Simply download this template.
4) Partner with schools or local businesses to create awareness about water infrastructure issue. To see examples of how to get involved, click here.
5) Host an open house at your facility, a tour of a construction site, or put together a joint community fair with other local companies. Be sure to invite elected officials, the business community, stakeholders, the press, and members of your community! Get ideas for events to host by clicking here.
WASDA encourages all members to participate on October 12, 2017. Start preparing today!