Go to Top

Latest Water News:



Water Industry Alerts

wifia WASDA Alert logo

Support WIFIA – Send a letter to the Surface Transportation Committee

The House and Senate conference committee on Surface Transportation Reauthorization is holding it ‘s first public meeting. Watch the live webcast now on the Transportation and Infrastructure Website.

The committee will try to resolve the differences between the Surface Transportation Reauthorization and Reform Act (STRRA) of 2015 (H.R. 3763) and the Senate-passed DRIVE Act (H.R. 22).

The Senate version contains a provision repealing a ban on the use of tax-exempt bonds to co-finance Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) projects that was not included in the House version. Please send a letter of support to Congress and urge them to include the Senate language in the conference’ s package.

The WIFIA provides low-interest loan guarantees to major water infrastructure projects. However, the program only finances up to 49% of a project, and prohibits the use of tax-exempt bonds from funding the remaining 51%.

Including the Senate language on repealing the ban on tax-exempt bonds will strengthen the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act

Read More

Latest Industry News

Baltimore Sewers Stream

Baltimore Sewers: Time Bombs Buried Under the Streets

With the goal of informing our members about pressing issues across the country regarding water infrastructure, we are sharing the following information.

In a video interview with American Public Media’s Marketplace, David Flores from Blue Water Baltimore shows and explains the mounting issues Baltimore is facing due to the infrastructure crisis occurring below ground. Watch the video from Marketplace below.

This report also includes historical background on the about

Read More

Member Spotlights

henry pratt company

WASDA Member Spotlight: The Henry Pratt Company

Membership Level: Associate

The Henry Pratt Company was founded in 1901 as a metal fabricating shop. They made their primary mark in the valve industry in 1926, developing the first rubber seated butterfly valve. The Henry Pratt Company is proud to be a subsidiary Mueller Water Products Inc. Their administrative headquarters are located in Aurora, Illinois with manufacturing facilities in Aurora, Illinois and Hammond, Indiana

Currently, they design, develop,

Read More